Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Favorite Yarns - Karen's pick


Shop owner Karen stepped up to the plate this time and picked her favorite yarns which, apparently, are "all of them, all at once." Well, she's the boss!

Clockwise, starting from the top, we have:

Cascade Rustic 79% wool, 21% linen. "This yarn knits up with a stripe effect that is soft and subtle in the pebble color and can be worn with many other colors."

Colinette Giotto. "This has been a favorite of mine for a long time and this color, Lagoon, reminds me of the Caribbean - I can see the beach every time I look at this yarn."

Dream in Color Gaia Sock. "The yarn here is the Gaia Sock, but all of their yarns come in such yummy colors that I have to say I love them all - the Groovy, Classy, Smooshy, Gaia Sock and the Lace Weight - this is one of the nicest yarns to knit with and it looks so beautiful in any color."

Claudia Handpaint Worsted 55 silk/wool. "I knit a beret with the wool/silk blend and loved it, the colors blend so nicely and the yarn feels so nice in your hands."

Rowan Chunky Colourscape. "I knit my sweater with this yarn and as I knit I wondered if it might be too stiff - well I was wrong - this yarn after blocking was so soft and the colors are so inviting!"

Malabrigo Worsted.
(Shown in blue, knit up.) "I think this yarn is soooo soft and it is wonderful for hats and mitts - no itching - I knitted this cowl and not only is it soft, the color is heavenly too."

Stacy Charles Classic Cotton. “This is a wonderful staple – it is great for baby items, summer tops, little purses, etc. I have a tank out of this yarn and I have to say it is beautiful, easy to care for and very comfortable in the warm weather. You can’t beat the colors either – there are so many to choose from!”

Claudia Handpaint Cotton Ball. "This cotton has always attracted me and I think for the summer, if I have time, I will knit a nice tank and use this wonderful yarn as a nice trim to a nice, bright summer color!"

Koigu Kersti. "How can I resist this beautiful yarn, it knits up easily and feels so nice to wear - this yarn is superb!"

Colinette Cadenza. "This yarn is so pretty, and the Dusk has to be my favorite of all the colors - this yarn can make so many pretty things and the price is really great for a hand-dye."

Zitron Trekking XXL. "What a great sock yarn and that color 100 is my favorite - so much fun and the yarn wears great for socks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment