Wednesday, November 9, 2011

NaKniSweMo: Knit A 50,000-Stitch SweaterIn A Month

Every year, knitgrrl.com readers knit alongside the writing pals over at NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) again.

How it works with NaNoWriMo: write a 50,000-word novel in a month. As they say on that page: "This is not as scary as it sounds."  Check out the Ravelry Group to see what is going on!

But wait, we have a challenger here from Fresh Purls!!!  And I know you can guess who it is, that's right, Becky!!!  She has chosen a great project with beautiful yarn, the bella hoodie by Cheri Christian.  Becky is using Rowan Calmer for the project in colorway 474, Khaki.  As you can see she is making great progress.
 
Progress as of November 8th!
Let's cheer Becky on and remember to check back during this month to follow her progress!

2 comments:

  1. !!! I just said last night to my husband that I would much rather knit a sweater in a month than write a novel in a month! I've done NANOWRIMO for the past 4 years, but this year I'm knitting my first sweater instead! I've got a late start- but I sure am motivated!
    Good luck to Becky- it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's flying! Only a few days and I'll have a sweater to wear for Thanksgiving. How is your progress going? ~Becky

    ReplyDelete