Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Knitter's Resolution

The New Year has begun and many of us make resolutions and for knitter's it is usually the "destash" resolution.  I thought about this as I never resolved to plow through my stash and use some of the beautiful yarn I've collected.  So I decided this year I would start with small, one skein projects.  So I'd like to share with you the finished pieces and links to the patterns on Ravelry!

Antrho-Inspired Scarflet




Here is the Antrho-Inspired Scarflet designed by Kim Seio.  This is a free pattern and is quick and easy to complete.  I used a skein of Artyarns, but I didn't have the label, so it may be Beaded Silk & Sequins, but not a 100% sure, the color is 136.

Click here to get more info on this free pattern!
Ruffled Trimmed Cowl

The next destash is the Ruffled Trim Cowl designed by The Knit Knot.  This skein of Artyarns Cashmere 5 has 102 yards and the color is 191.

Click here to get more info on this pattern, price is $4.00.



Morning Walk Headband Earwarmer

The next pattern is the Morning Walk Headband Earwarmer by Tif Matthews - this free pattern is super quick and easy and done with chunky yarn can be finished very quickly.  My niece, Maddie, also made one as well, she decided to line hers with fleece!

The blue-green one is knit in Woolbearers Superwash Chunky and Maddie's is knit in Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Chunky.


Click here to get more info on this free pattern.






So dig through your stash, maybe search for the yarn in Ravelry and see what others are making with it or just start searching for something that you can use up that pretty skein of yarn!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment