Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Favorite Yarns - Helen's pick


Ever notice how you seem drawn to the same colors over and over? We see that in the yarn shop all the time. Karen is the Queen of Green. Sherry picks purple. What color has captured Helen's heart? Too bad the accompanying photo doesn't give us any clue....

Manos del Uruguay 100% Wool in color=51.
{Solid teal} "I'd make felted felted slippers with this yarn. It felts quickly and evenly to a smooth fabric-like finish."

J. Knits Superwash Me in color="Alaska." {Variegated aqua and blue} "This yarn just makes me happy -- beautiful color."

Malabrigo Silky Merino. {solid purple} "I would make a scarf out of this. It's very soft and the silk makes it drapey. I've knit with it before and the yarn doesn't split, which makes it nice to work with."

Koigu Kpppm in color=P903. {Variegated soft greens} "The yarn speaks for itself. 100% merino and very versatile."

Mountain Colors River Twist in color="Missouri River." {multi-color blues} "This yarn glides off the needle. I would call it one of the most underrated yarns we have. I made a cowl from it and there was absolutely no itch factor."

Schaeffer yarns Heather Sock. {Green/purple/navy} "I haven't knit with this yet, but it would make a great pair of winter socks. The colors are so vivid!"

Bashful Bags and Fibers Merino DK. {multi-color blue} "This is a very spring-y yarn. I would make fingerless mittens with it. Another thing I like about it is that Bashful fibers is a local company; the dyer, Nancy, lives in Massachusetts."

No comments:

Post a Comment