Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Favorite Yarns - Amanda's pick


Amanda is hard to track down these days, now that she is a full-time student, AND interning at Berroco (the subject of a future blog entry!). The best time to catch her is on a Sunday, which is when we finally got a chance to ask her about her shop favorites.

Pictured at right, from the bottom up:

Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk in color="Spring". 50% Alpaca 50% silk. "The silk in this yarn gives it a nice drape and shine. I love the pale green color; I guess I'm more than ready for spring."

Berroco Inca Gold in color="Verde Azulado". "I've been knitting a beret using this yarn in a different color. I like the springiness and stretchiness of it, and I picked this color because recently I've been getting away from neutrals."

Steadfast Fibers Marvelous Mohair in color="Mint Ice".
"I love the color and I love mohair. This is the first yarn I bought (in a couple of other colors) when I visited Fresh Purls as a customer. I still haven't decided what to do with it, but I'm thinking maybe a striped vest."

Malabrigo Silky Merino in color="Plum Blossom". "Love the softness, drape and color. I'd make a lighter weight cardigan with it and wear over a tank top until the weather warms up."

Mountain Colors Bearfoot in color="Huckleberry". "I made my first pair of socks out of this yarn. They're warm and fuzzy. I've already bought a skein of this color to make another pair."

Rowan Cocoon in color="Polar". "This yarn is 80% merino 20% kid mohair. I like how soft it is, and it knits up to a nice fabric that is not too bulky, even though it takes a bigger needle."

Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica Naturals. "I really like how the two colors twisted together look tweedy and rustic."

No comments:

Post a Comment